Wednesday, February 20

"i love that there’s so many different forms of crazy."

i’ve decided that the most ridiculous show you aren’t watching yet is rob & big. or maybe you are way ahead of me and have already watched the first 2 seasons, and are currently enjoying the third. all i know is i watch a lot of tv, but i had no idea this show existed until a few weeks ago.

picture this; you and your best friend live in a hollywood bachelor pad, along with your pit bull (
meaty), and your mini horse (mini horse). now imagine you have unlimited time and resources, and you could entertain yourself with zany hijinks on a daily basis.

but these aren't
jackass style hijnks, this is pure dorkiness! this is stuff i think sounds like fun, but there's no way i could come off looking nearly as cool as they do while doing it. a road trip to a mini horse competition? why not! training a champion racing turtle? don't mind if i do! seeing how many guiness world records i can break in a day? of course! it's tuesday!

this may not sound all that enthralling, but that's because my summary is missing the best part of the show - the situations may be produced, but the banter between rob (skateboarding professional), and big ("executive protection specialist"), are both priceless and unscripted. take, for example, the opening of
this episode, where rob and big come upon a traveling spiderman crossing the street, complete with matching red fanny pack and black rolling luggage.

rob: c’mon spiderman you do not stop in the middle of the road. c’mon man.
big: c’mon man.
HONK
rob: c’mon spidy, are you *beep* kidding me? get out of the road spidy!
HONK
spiderman (still standing in the middle of the road): i’m just trying to get something out of my bag!
big: sighs
spiderman throws big gulp of pop at window
big: oh no! you got dissed by spidy son!
rob: are you *beep* kidding me?! can you whup spiderman’s ass?
big (rolls down window): spidy, i will take your damn fanny pack right now and beat you with it.

a spidy revenge plot ensues, but i will leave that for you to see yourself. i'll give you a hint - it does not involve meaty or mini horse, but elvis does play a pivotal role.

7 comments:

Missy said...

WOW. I had NO idea. None. I feel so empty.

I still miss actual music videos though.

Matt said...

I did watch some of season 1 and enjoy it, but it sounds like it is still great so I'll have to catch up!

Anonymous said...

mmm...i think this has to be one you make me watch when i am at your house. i have never seen it but i am a fan or a mini horse every time.

Anonymous said...

How have I not heard of this until now? Sounds spectacular!!

Felicia said...

YAY!! Why didn't you tell me you started a blog?? Must add to others I read and continue my obsession.

Felicia said...

P.S. I've watched Big & Rob since the beginning. You need to see the episode where they get a professional painting done on the side of their van...

Alex said...

Dan loves Rob and Big. I will not proceed to comment on everyone of your postings. This is the best blog ever.